The National Hockey League (NHL) today announced that on January 3 it will offer fans in the United States another free trial of NHL GameCenter LIVE, its popular new online subscription service that puts fans in control of the premium experience for interacting with and viewing live NHL games.
NHL GameCenter LIVE streams up to 40 games per week (blackout and other restrictions apply), and is specifically designed for those avid fans looking for the most complete, in-game NHL viewing experience, as well as for the nearly 50 percent of NHL fans that live away from their favorite team’s local television market and crave more live game coverage.
A central component of the new NHL.com -- which re-launched in October to give fans a
personalized, all-access pass to their favorite NHL team and players -- NHL GameCenter LIVE surrounds these avid hockey fans with TV-quality streaming video, multiple and exclusive camera angles, multi-games views, real-time stats, chat and much more.
NHL GameCenter Live has proven extremely popular with hockey fans so far this season and subscriptions to the service have increased nearly 250 percent compared to last season.
“Already this season, thousands of fans across North America have been delighted by NHL hockey delivered through the NHL GameCenter LIVE experience,” said Perry Cooper, NHL Senior Vice President, NHL Direct + Digital Marketing and Fan Analytics. “Now that the NHL season has reached January, the playoff races are heating up and each game is important. With another free trial, more fans can get in on the excitement of these games, especially when they’re experienced through NHL GameCenter LIVE.”
NHL GameCenter Live features include:
• “Game of the Night,” featuring camera angles not available to television viewers.
• Multi-game view to watch up to four games at once.
• On-Demand Viewing of archived games.
• Chat with other fans.
• Real-time scoreboard and scoring alerts that keep track of all live NHL action.
• Tons of stats from the NHL’s own Real-Time Statistics.
• Play-by-play action tracking that shows where and when every shot, goal, hit and penalty occurred, as well links to highlights of select plays.
• Audio choice. When available, fans can choose their favorite audio feed (home or away radio) for each game.
• Game highlights. One-click access to League-wide video highlights.
• Game photos. Coming soon, fans can browse and purchase rich, dynamic Getty Images from every game throughout the League.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
From January 1-4, fans can subscribe to NHL GameCenter LIVE for the remainder of the NHL regular season at the special rate of US$109, or for five monthly installments of US$21.95. From January 5 until February 15, the rate is US$119. To order NHL GameCenter Live visit www.nhl.com/gamecenter.
Source: National Hockey League
OTHER NEWS ACROSS THE BUSINESS OF SPORTS NETWORK